Did you purchase an extended service contract when you purchased a used car? There are dozens of Vehicle Service Contracts or VSC’s in the marketplace and most work with Fisk Automotive if something does go wrong. VSC’s are designed to cover the more major repairs rather than scheduled maintenance.
You may be responsible for deductible co-pay for each visit, but each contract is different. These aftermarket warranty companies may cover the diagnoses and testing along with the actual repair. The warranty company will direct us on what type of parts to use to make the repair. It may be new, remanufactured or in some cases a recycled or used unit. You the client may have the option to step up and cover the additional cost if you do not care for a used unit and want something new or remanufactured. You can fill that difference with an additional out of pocket cost.
Before purchasing a vehicle service contract, do your homework on the company you may be going with. Read the contract carefully so you know what you’re getting with your vehicle service contract before you commit. Always check the reputation of the company you might choose to see how others have been treated with a company that sells these extended warranty contracts. Fisk Automotive is your “go-to” shop in Fullerton when it comes to your aftermarket vehicle service contract.
Here’s some FAQ’s when it comes to VSC’s and how they work through us:
- How do I know what’s covered? We’ll deal directly with your Warranty Company and go to bat for you so there is minimal cost to you. We will put together an estimate of repairs for them and you, then submit it for approval
- Are rental cars covered? In some cases, yes. We will check for you. Some companies have special contracts to deal directly with the major rental car companies. If not, we can set you up with an Enterprise rental car for a reasonable fee
- Do I have to pay up front costs? Not usually. You are required to authorize us to start work along with the checkout fee regarding the concern. If the warranty company authorizes the repair, the will in most cases cover the initial fee. If they don’t cover it, yes you are responsible for the initial test fees
- Do I have to contact the VSC Company first? You can always start a claim, but if not, we’ll start the claim on your behalf after you authorize us to do so. Until the vehicle is checked out, no one really knows what’s needed. That’s our job to find out what’s wrong
- Do I need my service records?
You might. Always follow the service schedule for your car. Keep a file of receipts for ALL repairs and maintenance. If you do your own work, make sure you keep those receipts and a log of what you do yourself. Warranty companies can easily get off the hook for repairs if you have not kept up with maintenance. We have in some cases seen clients not perform recommended work. This can come back to bite a client if the warranty finds out the recommend work was declined and not done in a timely fashion. They now see it as a “neglected” vehicle and will possibly decline the current issue even if they are not related! Keep up on your car’s maintenance if you have an extended service contract
- Are things like brakes covered?
Always remember that “wear and tear” items like brake pads are not covered, but other components may be like a brake power booster or leaking brake caliper generally are.
- Does the VSC trump the original vehicle warranty or emissions warranty? No. So maybe the original warranty was 36 months or 36,000 miles of coverage then yes, the warranty will kick in after the 36,000 miles per the details in the VSC
- How can I save money on my out of pocket deductible? We will offer a 10% off up to a maximum of $50 towards your deductible for letting us help you and your vehicle
- So what do I need to do to get started? Call us to let us know you have a problem or need to have the car towed in. Once it’s here, we assess the concern, but we always like to do a cursory inspection if the car has not been here before. We find many times that there are additional concerns discovered that can be done under the vehicle warranty contract and use the one deductible to cover all repairs! Call 714.526.3303 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some of the more popular vehicle service contract companies out in the marketplace we can work with in most cases:
- AA AUTO PROTECTION
- AAA OR AUTOCLUB MEMBER VSC
- ALLY- MAJOR GUARD OR VALUE GUARD
- AMERICAN AUTO SHEILD
- API/PREMIER WARRANTY
- AUTOMOTIVE PROFESSIONALS
- BUYER’S CHOICE
- CAR SHEILD
- DELTA AUTO PROTECT
- EFG COMP
- ENTERPRISE FLEET
- G. E. CAPITAL
- HERTZ VSC
- HONOR GUARD
- INTERSTATE NATIONAL DEALER SERVICES INC.
- ITT ADVANTAGE
- MAP- MOTOR ASSISTANCE PLAN
- MAO, DRIVE FOREVER, WORRY FREE, POWERX2
- MAXCARE VSC
- MECHANICAL BREAKDOWN WARRANTY
- ORANGE COUNTY CREDIT UNION
- OWNER GUARD
- “PLAN” WARRANTY
- RYAN’S WARRANTY
- SCHOOL’S FIRST-MEMBER’S CHOICE
- WARRANTY DIRECT
- SMART CHOICE
- STAR WARRANTY
- TWG OR THE WARRANTY GROUP
- UNIVERSAL UNDERWRITERS
- WYNN’S WARRANTY