Whether you are a person who likes to service your car yourself, or you prefer to take it into Fisk Automotive for regular tune-up service, it’s always good to know what items are on a proper tune-up checklist.
For starters, each foreign and domestic vehicle has tune-up checklist variations, but for the most part, the standard tune-up checklist includes the following:
- Check all belts for signs of wear, fray, or cracks.
- Check hoses for leaks or bulges.
- Check engine and underneath the vehicle for signs of leaks.
- Make sure heater and air conditioning is working properly.
- Check windshield wipers and all other wipers, including headlight wipers and rear window wipers.
- Check headlights — both low and high beams.
- Check fog / driving lights.
- Check turn signal lights and controls.
- Check brake lights and tail lights.
- Check hazard lights.
- Check reverse lights.
- Check door locks.
- Inspect windows and windshield for dings and cracks.
- Check to make sure windows properly roll up and down.
- Check radio and speakers.
- Check horn.
- Check the tires to make certain there is enough tread, they’re in good condition, and are properly inflated.
- Check coolant levels.
- Check oil levels.
- Check transmission fluid levels.
- Check power steering fluid levels.
- Check brake fluid levels.
- Check window washer fluid levels.
- Take a test drive drive and listen for any pings, knocks, scraping noises.
- Check exhaust to for excessive odor.
The next time you’re in Fullerton and you want us to service your car give your vehicle a tune-up, the Fisk Automotive team would be delighted to assist. For priority scheduling, call our Fullerton location at 714-526-3303 to schedule an appointment. We are conveniently located at 820 West Commonwealth Ave., Fullerton, CA 92832-1615.